STUDY IN AUSTRALIA
- Capital : Canberra
- Currency :Australian dollar
- Language : English
- Major Cities : Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Adelaide, Newcastle
- Major Intake : February, July, November
Australia is a country and continent surrounded by Indian and Pacific Ocean. It is the largest country in Oceania and world’s 6th largest country by total area. Australia has a well-organized and well-structured education system. Currently, there are 43 universities across the country. The vast majority of universities are public except two private universities. Seven Australian universities are traditionally found at the top 100 universities in the world which is a sufficient indicator to highlight their quality.
Why Study in Australia?
- World Class Academic Recognition: Being a country of just 23 million people, Australia has a long-standing history of being home to some of the best research institutions on Earth.
- You can study anything For a majority of study abroad students, the larger universities will be top choices and each one will provide just as many courses of study as any major American university.
- Study Abroad Scholarship Options: Every year the Australian government sets aside over $200 million dollars specifically for international students coming to study at Australian universities.
- Work with a Student Visa: Student visa holders are eligible for employment in Australia. Working while studying in Australia is something that can really help drive down the cost of an already affordable experience.
Cost of Study for International Students:
- Bachelor’s Degree : Approx. 20,000 – 50,000 AUD/Per Annum
- Master’s Degree : Approx. 25,000 – 45,000 AUD/Per Annum
Other Expenses for International Students:
- Average living cost : Between 1500 to 2500 AUD/month
- Transportation Cost : 30 to 70 AUD/month
Popular Courses in Australia:
- Administration Courses
- Accounting Courses
- Agriculture Courses
- Architecture Courses
- Building Courses
- Environmental Studies Courses
- Computer Science Courses
- Engineering Courses
- Health Science Courses
- Finance Courses
- Law Courses and many more……
Levels of Study:
- Bachelor degree program : 3 years and 4 years with Honors
- Master degree program : 2 years
Post Study Work Opportunity :
- Australia is now offering up to 4 years of Post-Study Work Rights.
- Introduced in November 2019, the new visa allows post study work rights for International students up to 4 years in Regional Australia
International Students in Australia on student visa can work up to 40 hours per fortnight during their study period and there is no limit on the number of hours an overseas student can work during holiday periods from their study.
Many international students enjoy their time in Australia so much that they apply for permanent residency so that they can continue to live and work in Australia. There are many ways to improve the likelihood of gaining PR. This includes staying in Australia after completing your degree to gain work experience and language skills through the Temporary Graduate visa (subclass 485); completing a more advanced qualification; improving your English language skills; and completing a Professional Year Program (PYP). PYPs are structured professional development programs that combine formal learning with workplace experience, available in the fields of accounting, computer science and engineering.