STUDY IN GERMANY
- Capital: Berlin
- Currency: Euro €
- Language: German
- Major Cities: Berlin, Hamburg, Munich, Cologne, Frankfurt, Dortmund
- Major Intake: September/October(Winter) & March/April(Summer)
Famous Places to Visit
- Neuschwanstein Castle
- Brandenburg Gate
- Lake Constance
- Cologne Cathedral
- Heidelberg Castle
- Reichstag Building
Germany is a central-western European country. It includes 16 constituent states, covers an area of 357,386 square kilometers (137,988 sq mi), and has a largely temperate seasonal climate. With nearly 83 million inhabitants, Germany is the most populous member state of the European Union. After the United States, it is the second most popular immigration destination in the world. The economy of Germany is a highly developed social market economy. It has the largest national economy in Europe, the fourth-largest by nominal GDP in the world, and fifth by GDP (PPP). In 2017, the country accounted for 28% of the euro area economy according to the IMF. Germany is a founding member of the European Union and the Euro zone.
Why study in Germany
- Abolished tuition fees for undergraduate students: In 2014, Germany’s 16 states abolished tuition fees for undergraduate student at all public German universities. This means that currently both domestic and international undergraduates at public universities in Germany can study for free, with just a small fee to cover administration and other costs per semester.
- Diverse range of Study Opportunities: There are almost 450 state-accredited universities with some 17,500 degree programs in Germany. German universities offer degree programs in every possible subject and academic level – be it bachelors, masters, state examinations or doctoral degrees.
- High Quality Educational System: Benefit from high quality educational system to help you advance in your career, learn new language by making new friends and socializing with other students, and gain an amazing life experience to remember for years to come by studying and living as a foreign student in Germany.
Cost of Study for International Students
Undergraduate costs to study in Germany is free at public German universities as an undergraduate, there is a charge per semester for enrolment, confirmation and administration. This is typically no more than 250 Euro per semester, but varies depending on the universities. MBA/Management related course are paid course in Germany which cost between 8000 Euro to 25000 Euro for a course of 12 to 18 months.
Other Expenses for International Students:
- Average Living Expenses- 10,200 Euro per year
- Transportation Cost and Health Insurance- 180 Euro per month
Popular Courses in Germany
- Business Management
- Electronic and Communications
- International Business Administration
- International Finance
- Environmental Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Renewable Energy
Levels of Study:
- Bachelor’s program- 3years
- Master’s program- 2years
- PhD – 3 to 5 years
List of Universities/Colleges:
- Hochschule Bremen –International Graduate Center -Bremen
- GISMA Business School -Hanover
- International Academy of Students -Schwerin
- Accadis Hochschule Bad Homburg (AHBH) -Homburg
- International University of Applied Sciences (IUBH) -Berlin and Bad Honnef
- New European College GmBH –Munich
- Cologne Business School –Cologne
- International School of Management -University of Applied Sciences
- Eurasia Institute for International Education (EIIE) –Berlin
- EU Business School –Munich
- Schiller International University, SIU -Heidelberg
- Halmstad University, Halmstad, Sweden and Hochschule
- Ostwestfalen – Lippe, Germany
- International students are allowed to work for 120 full working days or 240 half working days in a year.
- Students with German language skills are entitled for higher wages.
- Non-EU Students are allowed to stay up to 1.5 years after the completion of the study to search for a job.
Even if you just get a job offer for a part-time employment, a residence permit can be granted to you. If you fulfill five years of continuous residence in the territory of the Germany, then you will be eligible to get PR in Germany.